Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sing You a Love You Song

Before the laughter and the cheer
Dissolves into his memory
Taste of vodka on his lips
And thoughts of murder and doom
Her eyes appeared to bloom
He wanted to touch them but was afraid
She'd be taken aback
Then what would he say?

They walked to the garden in the park
When it was empty after dark
Then spread out a blanket and laid down
And in a voice that no one else could hear
He whispered in her ear
"Although I can't sing it now, be still
Someday, baby, I will
Sing you a love you song"

She rolled over and a kiss
Laid softly on his chin
And said, "You know maybe there's a chance
That your feelings you've mistook
Or have presently overlooked
You say you don't love me
But yet perhaps you just
Forgot that you do"

He said that, "I love you, please believe
The only matter of concern
Is that your love will one day fade
If that should happen I would die
And that's the reason why
I know I can't sing it now, but be still
Because someday, baby, I will
Sing you a love you song"

She said, "How could you question
When the root of my affection
Is so plain and obvious?
It grew from the overwhelming pleasure
Of just being near you
And now you bring in doubts
And they are smothering our love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment